Solutions-oriented and highly analytical developer and systems administrator with managerial experience and over a decade of professional experience in the information technology industry. Possesses a broad base of knowledge in a variety of programming languages such as PHP and PERL, as well as a variety of enterprise level operating systems such as Ubuntu, FreeBSD, and RHEL. Specialized experience in WordPress plugin and custom theme development, MySQL, and GIT/SVN version control. Dedicated to maintaining a reputation built on quality, service, and uncompromising ethics.
- WordPress Development
- PHP4, 5, and 7
- MySQL 4 and 5 / MariaDB 10
- LEMP and LAMP stack administration
- Ubuntu, RHEL 5/6 (RHCSA) and FreeBSD
- HTML4 and 5
- CSS2.1 and 3
- Object Oriented Programming (C++, Java)
- PERL Scripting
Relevant Work History, Experience and Accomplishments
iThemes – May 01, 2013
- PHP Developer.
- Lead Developer for iThemes Sync, a SAAS Application developed to remotely manage WordPress websites (Uptime monitoring, Reporting, Updates, Backup Management, and more)
- Co-Lead on iThemes Exchange e-commerce solution for WordPress.
- Lead on these iThemes Exchange add-ons: Customer Pricing, Easy Canadian Sales Tax, Easy EU Value Added Tax, Easy U.S. Sales Tax (integrated with TaxCloud), Mailchimp, Manual Purchases, Membership (w/ bbPress and BuddyPress support), Recurring Payments, Stripe, Table Rate Shipping.
Freelance WordPress/LAMP Developer and Systems Administrator
The Complete Website (New Hampshire) and various clients – February 1, 2008 to PRESENT
- Developer and owner of leenk.me – Premium social media plugin for WordPress.
- Developer of IssueM — An issue management plugin for WordPress.
- Developer of Leaky Paywall — A paywall plugin for WordPress
- Developer and owner of PigeonPack – Email campaign manager for WordPress.
- Original developer of FT Calendar – Premium calendar plugin for WordPress.
- Various other freely available WordPress plugins and patches accepted to WordPress core.
- Migrated high-traffic/load sites from The Complete Website’s managed server running RHEL with Ensim and LAMP backend to Rackspace Virtual Cloud Server running Ubuntu with LEMP stack.
- Author of The Concise Guide to Securing WordPress and Repairing Hack.
- Examples of recent client and work:
- Migrated http://bullsonwallstreet.com/ from Windows Server/XAMP install to new LEMP stack on Digital Ocean, and integrated CometChat with PubNub backend into their site to reduce server load. Also, resolved issues with membership management, implemented social couponing (e.g. Groupon) and trend analysis.
- Developed new theme for Middlebury Campus Magazine and OffComm News, integrated with IssueM Plugin with various customizations.
- Built investment tracking app for New Energy Capital to track vendor profiles, investments, contacts, as well as run complicated and customizable reports.
- Customized theme and integrated Pinnacle Cart into Advanced Saddle Fit’s newest e-commerce website.
- Developed custom theme and integrated ZenCart into Lou’s Restaurant’s website primarily promoting their bakery and catering services.
IT Senior Manager & Principle Linux Administrator
College of Education at the University of Georgia – August 4, 2008 to April 26, 2013
- Chaired Website Redesign Committee, supporting 250 Faculty, 500 Staff, and over 4500 Students.
- Worked with Associated Deans, Department Heads, and Staff of 9 Academic and 5 Administrative departments.
- Reduced overhead by directing the implementation to the freely available Content Management System, WordPress.
- Consulted with Associated Deans to develop policies and procedures for continuous development.
- Consulted on the development, security, and implementation of a College of Education Student Information System (required to meet FERPA and HIPAA regulations).
- Built strategic intra-university partnerships.
- University-wide I.D. Management Committee member for converting and migrating from SSN to UGA Student ID.
- Acting Internet Security and UGA Network liaison for the College of Education.
- Collaborated on 5-Year Strategic Plan for the Office of Information Technology in concert with the Dean’s Office.
- Managed teams of three web developers, four helpdesk technicians, and one junior administrator.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining eight Red Hat Enterprise Level servers and two Windows servers, running services like:
- RHEL: Apache, MySQL, PHP, and ColdFusion with WordPress, Moodle, cPanel, Nagios, Cacti, OSSEC, and Splunk; as well as many in-house PHP and ColdFusion webapps.
- Windows: IIS, MySQL, PHP, ASP, Active Directory, Backup Exec, and Enkompass.
- Consolidated and secured all servers offering web hosting services to faculty and graduate students.
- Developed and taught an 8-hours of WordPress training course for the staff of the University of Georgia — broke up into four 2-hour sessions.
- Received Honorable Mention in the 2008 IBM Master the Mainframe Contest (out of 1,876 participants).
- Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator – RHEL 6 – Certificate ID: 120-051-883
Alterra Networks, Dublin, GA – April 7, 2008 to August 4, 2008
- Installed, setup, configured and managed new Windows servers and services for Alterra Network’s clients.
- Required to learn new customer’s systems and setups quickly and on the spot to help troubleshoot and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Provided consulting expertise for proactive network and system development and deployment.
- Required to work on a team as well as independently.
BIOS Test Engineer
IBM (CTG Contract Position), Raleigh, NC – April 23, 2007 to February 1, 2008
- Tested newly developed BIOS code drops for defects on IBM blades, running all enterprise level operating systems, Windows Server, Red Hat, OpenSUSE, etc.
- Reported, researched, and verified defects to BIOS testing team and BIOS developers.
- Developed step-by-step manual for BIOS testing IBM System Z mainframe.
- Received “Above and Beyond” award for extraordinary dedicated and contribution in October 2007.
Windows Server Administrator
Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forst, NC – February 07, 2005 to May 11, 2007
- Maintained and monitored Windows server (NT, 2000, and 2003) running services like, MS Exchange, Active Directory, CIFS, Cold Fusion, and IIS.
- Researched and implemented new services for Faculty, Staff and Students of the school.
- Assisted in the development of in-house applications using various languages, such as, PERL, ASP, ColdFusion, VB.NET.
- Wrote detailed instructions and tutorials for end user applications.
- Responsible for responding to intradepartmental work-orders and tickets.
Systems Operations Technician
Great Works Internet, Biddeford, ME – December 07, 2000 to November 12, 2004
- Managed UNIX (FreeBSD/BSDi) servers running services like Cistron Radius and FreeRadius, OpenLDAP, Sendmail, BIND, DHCP, Apache, PHP, MySQL, IPF, VPOPMail, and Qmail.
- Required to know and develop shell scripts in PERL and BASH used by technical support staff.
- Required to research and respond to interdepartmental escalations in a timely and professional manner.
- Wrote, performed, and documented details system upgrades (hardware and software).
- Responsible for 24/7 on-call rotation.
Bachelors of Arts in Biblical Studies
The College at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
Wake Forest, NC
Graduate in December, 2007 with a 3.60/4.00 GPA
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science
University of Southern Maine
Transferred to Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary with 96 credit hours
High School Diploma
Graduate in May, 1998