One Hundred Pushups Program – Week 1 Results

This month I decided to try the 100 Pushups Program. This program is 6 weeks long, so by Christmas I should be able to do 100 pushups.

First, I purchased the iPhone App here (they also have a “multiuser” version available here). I bought the single user version. I like the app because it doesn’t require me to look anything up, just tells me what I’m suppose to do and has a built-in rest timer for resting between sets. I didn’t want to have to deal with tracking that information on my own.

These are the results from week 1:
Sunday – Initial Test – 19 Consecutive Pushups (Which starts me out in Level 3).
Monday – Day 1 Goal: 10, 12, 7, 7, max (9+) – Actual: 10, 12, 6, 4, 8
Tuesday – Day 2 Goal: 10, 12, 8, 8, max (12+) – Actual: 10, 12, 7, 5, 5
Friday – Day 3 Goal: 11, 15, 9, 9, max( 13+) – Actual: 11, 15, 8, 5, 5
Total This Week: 123 Pushups ( +19 Initial Test )

I was very happy with my initial test results, 19 consecutive pushups is actually much more than I’ve ever been able to do. As you can see, I have had some trouble with the program, being too fatigued to finish the last few sets. In cases where I cannot make the goal, I do knee pushups to finish off the set. But I only count the full pushups. I also did Day 2 in the evenings, Days 1 and 3 were both completed in the afternoon. In the future, I will do them all at the same time.

Similar Posts