This past Saturday morning, I made Cinnamon Roll Waffles… a good start to a good cheat day.
On Saturday I weighed in at 165 pounds exactly. I only gained 1.6 pounds from cheating and today I weighed in at 165.2 with a 15.3% body fat measurement (using my Omron Body Fat Monitor). This month has actually had a lot of ups and downs. I spent the week in Atlanta for work and though I was able to stay pretty low-carb, I did end up eating a lot of food. It kind of threw off my balance for a while (plus I didn’t have access to my normal scale), but things seem to have leveled back out now. Here is today’s Bodytrack.it screenshot:
As you can see, I’m just about at my goal weight. Ultimately my goal is to stay under 165 pounds, even after epic cheat days. On my first month back on the low carb diet, I ended up losing 10 pounds, the second month was 7 pounds and this month was actually closer to 3 pounds. But I also didn’t do the Seven Workout at all this month. I really need to get back into it but I am really good at coming up with excuses to not do stuff :)… though I did spend a lot of time outside on the weekends working on the goat fence and chicken coop, moving web hosts, etc!
This is what the past 3 months looks like on a graph:
As you can see, it’s been a pretty nice and gradual slope down to my goal weight. Next week I have a physical with my new doctor, I suspect she’ll do a bunch of blood work, I look forward to seeing the results.
Oh and as far as my food intake is concerned… I’m still eating this on Sunday-Friday:
- Breakfast – 3 eggs with salt, pepper, and cheese
- Lunch – Low carb taco with black olives, ground turkey w/ taco seasoning, black olives, jalepono’s, and salsa)
- Snack – Usually a handful of nuts, I really like the Planters NUT-rition Wholesome Nut Mix.
- Dinner – Whatever we normally have, minus any fast-carby things.
- Dessert – I use to drink a diet Fanta, but I pretty much don’t do anything now. Sometimes I’ll get the hankering for something so I grab 1/2 cup of Low-Carb Ice Cream (5gram of net carbs), or a handful of grapes or strawberries.
By the way, Saturday is often the best cheat day for me, it is usually the day that I am by far the most active. I really try to do something physical outside on the farm in the mornings, then I head into town to do our weekly grocery shopping. Lately it has turned into a kind of “date night” for me and the kids, which includes stopping at some random pizza joint before finishing off the night at the grocery store.